Reopening Update July 10
Due to the continuing upward trend in cases, hospitalizations, and the governor’s warnings about further restrictions, the elders will continue to monitor events weekly to determine when we will come back to worship together. At this point, we do not have a date to reopen. Please continue to keep our leadership in your prayers as they seek to make wise decisions.
Reopening Update June 25
A member of our Audio Visual team is displaying symptoms consistent with COVID and is being tested. He will not receive results until next week, so out of an abundance of caution, we will not reopen this Sunday and will only offer online streaming.
Please plan to join us Sunday at 10 a.m. through our website or Facebook.
We are continuing to place our faith in the Lord in this ever-changing time, trusting that He will guide our steps.
Reopening Letter June 19
We are excited to announce that Grace will begin reopening our sanctuary for Sunday morning services in the near future. Our target for the first Sunday to bring our congregation back together is June 28 at 9 a.m. (traditional) and 11 a.m. (contemporary) CST. You and your family are invited to join us!
We all long to return to some sense of normalcy, but we must make adjustments to ensure the safety of our congregation and visitors. Your church leadership has taken the risks associated with COVID-19 and the federal, state, and local regulations into consideration. We have developed a guide for returning to Grace on the 28th so you can know what to expect as you prepare to come worship.
- If you are at high-risk, sick, or do not feel comfortable attending in person, we encourage you to join us online as both services will continue to be live streamed.
- There will be no Children’s Ministry, Student Ministry, or Adult Bible Classes. All individuals and their families are invited to worship together in the main sanctuary!
- Please remain in your car until the building opens for attendees. We encourage our at-risk congregants to attend the 9 a.m. service as it will have been deep cleaned prior to opening the building. Please arrive early to ensure everyone has ample time to check in.
- At 8:40 a.m. and 10:40 a.m., greeters will prop open the door to the Grace Bible Church offices as the only entry point. We encourage you to bring face coverings for everyone in your family, but volunteers will be handing out free facemasks. Please keep your mask on until you exit the building and adhere to social distancing measures of at least 6 feet while on the premises.
- Once you have entered the building, please continue into the Commons area where there will be multiple check-in stations with volunteers. After you are checked-in, please continue directly to the Sanctuary where volunteers will guide you to an open seat. Although fellowship is important in the life of our church, please do not linger in the Commons.
- Once in the Sanctuary, you will be directed by a volunteer to a pew that will ensure social distancing measures are adhered to. Please understand we cannot sit in our typical area as it is critical that the volunteers safely spread us out.
- Please try not to get up during the service to avoid close contact with others in your pew.
- At the end of the first service, please remain in your pew. You will be dismissed by row to fellowship outside the building so that we can disinfect the sanctuary and all frequently touched surfaces before the next service. At the conclusion of the second service, please wait until your row is dismissed to exit the building as well.
- Restroom facilities will be open and cleaned between services, as well as during services as deemed necessary, but we ask that you continue social distancing. No drinking fountains or the coffee station will be available.
- To ensure we adhere to capacity guidelines, Grace will be sending out a registration link to our congregation in a subsequent communication. Please take a moment at your earliest convenience to register for the service of your choosing each week. We will limit each service the first 150 registrants.
We are excited to assemble again on the 28th. Please do not let any of the above precautions discourage you as we look forward to a wonderful Grace Bible Church family reunion that is safe and engaging. These measures are put in place for the safety of all, and we ask that you take them to heart. These plans are subject to modification as restrictions change. If you have any additional questions, please contact the church office.
Reopening Update June 12
Registration for services will begin soon, and we will continue sharing details for reopening in the next week. Please continue to pray for wisdom for Grace’s leadership as we make plans to reopen.