Grace Kids exists to come alongside families to help reach kids with the gospel of Christ and share with them who God is and what He has done, so that they can know, love, and follow Him.
Grace helps people grow as disciples in five ways: worship, fellowship, learning, serving, and sharing. Grace Kids Ministry serves children from they time they are born through 5th grade.
We are excited to announce that Grace Kids is open again to all ages birth through 5th grade! While this may be exciting to some, we understand some of you may have concerns. We want each of you to know that we respect and understand any questions or concerns you may have about Grace Kids re-opening.
Below you will find the Grace Kids COVID policies and procedures. In order to provide the safest environment for our volunteers, your children, and the staff, we ask each of you to thoroughly review our policies and procedures.
REGISTRATION WILL BE REQUIRED AND WILL CLOSE ON SATURDAYS AT NOON.
Registration will open every Monday and close on Saturdays. Please look for a link in your Grace Kids weekly email or on the Grace website.
PLEASE NOTE: Registration will be limited. If your child(ren)’s class is full, you will have the option to place them on a waitlist. If a child who is registered is absent and the classroom is not at full capacity, a child may be added from the waitlist. GK staff will notify the child’s parent via text if space is available.
Check-in and Drop-Off
PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY
- Please check-in at the Grace Kids welcome desk. We will have check-in tags pre-printed, but none of the computers will be on.
- To help with the traffic flow, please arrive early and line up 6ft. apart to check-in at the welcome desk. A Grace Kids staff member will check-in the child and provide you with nametag and pick-up claim tag.
- In order to limit exposures, parents will not be allowed in the Grace Kids area. A Grace Kids staff member or volunteer will escort your child(ren) to their class after check-in.
- All staff, volunteers, and children will have their temperature checked at the check-in desk before entering the Children’s Ministry area. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4(F) or higher will not be allowed to attend.
- In order to provide a healthy environment in the Children’s Ministry at Grace Bible Church, and asks that parents keep their child at home when they observe any of the following symptoms:
–Has had a fever in the past 24 hours.
–Shows any symptoms of COVID-19.
–Has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
–Has a compromised immune system or other health concerns that would put them at risk.
- All staff, volunteers, and children (ages 3 and up) are REQUIRED to wear a mask while in the Grace Kids area and classrooms.
- All non-essential items from home, like toys or snacks, will need to stay with parents.
- Following the service, children will be returned to you at the double doors entering the Grace Kids area by a Grace Kids staff member or volunteer.
Classroom Policies and Procedures
- All children will be kept 6ft. apart as much as possible. Each table will have a maximum of 4 children. When seated on the floor, children will be appropriately spaced by sitting in designated spots in order to maintain social distancing.
- No snacks will be given out during the class period. Children will have individually wrapped crafts to minimize risk.
When picking up your child(ren), please notify the GK staff at the front desk. The Grace Kids staff will call for your child(ren) to be escorted out of their classroom(s) to be picked up by the Grace Kids check-in area.
After all children have been picked up, volunteers will wipe down all countertops, tables, and chairs with a Clorox wipe and used toys/supplies will be thoroughly sprayed with Lysol.
We realize some of these procedures may be an inconvenience. We ask for your patience and understanding as we work through the many logistics of re-opening. Safety is our number one priority, and we want to make sure you, your children, and our volunteers feel comfortable and safe attending Grace Kids. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to seeing everyone soon!
Sunday morning resources
Resources are available online for those who are not yet attending in person. There is one video for each Sunday. Click the link to watch the lesson, sing songs, and more.
Grace Kids is currently meeting at 11 a.m. on Sunday mornings for ages 3 – 5th grade.
Sunday programming for Early Childhood is available during all three services. Each service is structured differently with the opportunity for families to stay for two services. Our youngest Grace kids receive loving care by nurturing, trained volunteers. Preschool and Kindergarten kids take part in interactive, age-appropriate teaching and activities that help them understand more of God’s Word and who He is.
Sunday programming for Elementary is available at 10 and 11:15 a.m. During both hours, our elementary age children have praise and worship, spend time in God’s Word, learn and memorize Scripture, and play games and do activities that help reinforce the lesson to help them understand and apply the Word to their lives.
Volunteer with Grace Kids
If you would like to volunteer, please fill out the form below or contact Janice Park-Malaer.