What We Believe
Our identity as a church body is founded upon what we believe about God, humanity, and salvation. Below is a summary of our core beliefs:
The following statements summarize the core doctrines that we ask every member to affirm.
1. The Bible is inspired by God and is inerrant; the final authority in faith and life.
2. There is one God who exists in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man.
4. All of humanity is spiritually lost and without hope apart from God's special intervention.
5. The only solution for our spiritually lost state is to be reconciled to God through Jesus Christ, whose death and bodily resurrection make a relationship with God possible.
6. This new relationship with God is a free gift, by grace, and it is offered to all who put their faith in Jesus Christ. It cannot be achieved by good works nor is it given according to race, status, or ability—salvation is through faith alone and by grace alone.
7. Jesus Christ will physically return and judge both the living and the dead.